Today’s post has been written by fellow author and friend, Carole Brown. She’s here to share a delicious recipe from her newest release, a historical western romance. Welcome back, Carole!
by Carole Brown
In Caleb’s Destiny, late one night after an attempted robbery, Mr. Michael makes a mean egg omelet that Destiny really enjoys, even after she bumbles what should have been an easy “blessing” prayer for the food.
I’ve adjusted the ingredients of what may or may not have been in his egg omelets, but I hope you’ll give it a try and that they’ll be every bit as good as the ones Mr. Michael prepared for Destiny.
Egg Omelet Supreme Recipe:
Ingredients for one person (or maybe two if you’re light eaters):
2 fresh eggs
1-2 tablespoons of Almond Silk sweet milk
vegetables: your choice
meat: sausage, bacon,or steak: your choice
Cheese (your choice)
Seasonings (salt, pepper, onion powder, or whatever you like). Feel free to add a drop of Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce, if that is to your taste.
cooking spray oil/butter
- Cook your chosen meat until done. Crumble bacon or sausage. Cut steak into small pieces.
- Chop vegetables into bite size, or smaller, pieces. (I like a few peppers, a touch of green onion, greens like broccoli, spinach, tomatoes or olives, etc or whatever you like).
- Whisk seasoned fresh eggs and approximately 1-2 tablespoons of Almond Silk sweet milk together. Stir in your vegetables and meat.
- Spray iron skillet with butter flavored or use real butter–my preference–and heat between a low to medium fire (I like to take it slow so the skillet won’t get too hot, causing the eggs to get too brown. Turn down temperature if it seems to hot.
- Pour mixture into skillet. Keep a close eye on the eggs and when they seem done enough to flip, then do so.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. When done to suit your taste, turn off heat, fold into halves and slide onto your plate.
Serve with real buttered toast (your choice of bread) fried hash browns, and fruit.
Feel free to adjust the recipe. Add a salsa or other condiments of your choice.
Besides being a member and active participant of many writing groups, Carole Brown enjoys mentoring beginning writers. An author of ten books, she loves to weave suspense and tough topics into her books, along with a touch of romance and whimsy, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons? Connect with Carole on her blog, Amazon Author Page, and Twitter.
Mr. Michael, Destiny Rose McCulloch, and Hunter have a mysterious history. Why were three fathers, all business partners, murdered under suspicious circumstances while on their quest to find gold?
Hunter, who is Mr. Michael’s ranch manager, is determined to find the answers and protect the precocious young lady who he suspects holds a key answer to his questions.
Mr. Michael wants only to be left alone to attend to his property, but what can he do when Destiny refuses to leave and captures the heart of everyone of his employees?
Destiny almost forgets her quest when she falls in love with Mr. Michael’s ranch and all the people there. And then Mr. Michael is much too alluring to ignore. The preacher man back east where she took her schooling tried to claim her heart, but the longer she stays the less she can remember him. She only came west to find a little boy she knew years ago. A little boy all grown up by now…unless, of course, he’s dead.
Three children, connected through tragedy and separated by time, are fated to reunite and re-right some powerful wrongs.